037: When Your Life RX is Right On with Dr. Mark “Merriwether” VorderbruggenSep 13, 2021
Dr. Mark “Merriwether” Vorderbruggen, Ph.D. grew up being around nature, taking daily strolls in the forests with his parents. With his background and solid foundation about science, he decided to take up chemistry with a primary focus on natural products. After getting sidetracked on his career, he found himself in another state, dealing with a different ingredient. Feeling the urge to be around nature and doing outdoor activities, he pursued his passion and ended up opening a lot of doors that led him to who he is today. In this episode, Dr. Mark talks with Kristen Elliot about his childhood, the events that happened throughout his career, the importance of plants, and the benefits they give to us.
Dr. Mark “Merriwether” Vorderbruggen, Ph.D., most commonly known as Dr. Merriwether, is the chemist and plant man behind The Medicine Man Plant Co. Falling in love with nature since he was a child, Dr. Mark’s dream is to share the true healing powers of nature with others. Taking up chemistry as his profession, Dr. Mark was able to travel around the world, earning 15 chemical patents. Since 2014, Dr. Mark is nationally recognized as an expert in wild edible and medicinal plants and continues to teach people about the miraculous plants nature has to offer through foraging classes, medicine making workshops, doing daily plant posts on social media, appearing on his weekly, live internet show “Merriwether’s World!”, and so much more!
- How Dr. Mark got a deeper knowledge on plants and nature
- What the young Dr. Mark really wanted to do and be as an adult
- The opportunities Mark was offered after moving to Texas
- Mark’s career timeline
- The beliefs Mark have about the evolution of plants and food
- How plants communicate with us and with each other
- The benefits we get in our brain when we fully sense our environment
- Mark’s advice for those who want to rewrite their life prescription and path
- The best known ‘nurse plant’ of the ecosystem
- The different products Mark has formulated and their benefits
Stay connected with Kristen!
Enter your information below to get a Guided Meditation. IT'S FREE!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.