010: What Nearly Dying Taught Me About Living with Maria RossSep 17, 2020
For someone who nearly died, getting back on your feet is not like getting out of the hospital bed. Maria Ross reimagined her life in order to evolve from the effects of her brain aneurysm. In her battle, Maria learned the importance of adapting and building resilience for her loved ones. In this episode, we talked about seizing the moment to live your life to you can prepare for your end-of-life and how play is underrated in our society. Maria Ross, the founder of brand consultancy Red Slice, believes cash flow, creativity and compassion are not mutually exclusive. Maria has authored multiple books, including The Empathy Edge: Harnessing the Value of Compassion as an Engine for Success, which released this past fall. Maria understands the power of empathy on the brand and personal levels: In 2008, shortly after launching her business, she suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm that almost killed her and inspired her memoir, Rebooting My Brain. She has spoken to audiences ranging from The New York Times to BlogHer and has written for numerous media outlets, including Entrepreneur.com.
- How Maria remembers her battle with brain aneurysm that almost ended her life
- What strategies Maria's therapy provided her on order to have a slow recovery
- How aneurysm and Kristen's end-of-life doula work are related to each other
- What is the big myth of recovering from a near death experience and how Maria adapts to her new normal
- Why did Maria feel that she's had her own funeral without being dead
- How is going back to basics for Maria after losing most of her reflexes
- How fighting can make you stuck while adapting makes you move forward
- Reclaiming identity by not being afraid to ask for help
- Patience is smart, knowing that things take time
- Why play is the most underrated thing in our society
- What skill Maria lost with her aneurysm
- How her story brought a positive effect to her business
- How important to live the life that you want to live right NOW
- Being comfortable planning about our end-of-life and avoid leaving a mess behind to your family
- Maria's work as a patient adviser
Connect with Maria Ross at red-slice.com
Stay connected with Kristen!
Enter your information below to get a Guided Meditation. IT'S FREE!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.